In January 2001, Linda Markowitz and Kathy Rosenthal formed a partnership and founded the law firm, Rosenthal & Markowitz, LLP. Both attorneys are committed to helping clients find their way through complicated legal issues in ways that give the clients confidence that their needs are being met.
Linda concentrates her practice in the areas of family and matrimonial and divorce law, wills, trusts and estates, and residential real estate closings. The firm prides itself on being caring and compassionate, two skills necessary for helping clients through complex and sometimes emotional legal processes.
Family Law/Matrimonial Law
- Divorce Litigation and Negotiation
- Collaborative Divorce
- Divorce Mediation
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- Parenting Plans
- Spousal Support
- Post-Divorce Modification of Orders
- Orders of Protection
- Pre-Nuptial and Post-Nuptial Agreements
- Estate Settlement
- Powers of Attorney
Real Estate Law
- Residential Real Estate Closings
Bar Associations Memberships
- Member Connecticut Bar Association
- Member Florida Bar Association
- Member New York State Bar Association
- Member White Plains Bar Association
- Member of Westchester Women’s Bar Association (WWBA), former president and board member, and current co-chair of the long-range planning committee
- Member and Director of the Board of Westchester Women’s Bar Association Foundation
- Member of Women’s Bar Association of the State of New York (WBASNY).
- Former Member of the Board of the Westchester County Bar Association
Licensed to Practice
- All New York State Courts
- All Connecticut State Courts
- All Florida State Courts
- Various United States District Courts
- The Supreme Court of the United States
- Pace Women’s Justice Center, Friends of Gail, advisory board member
- Championed, with Attorney Karen Bell, the start of Pace Women’s Justice Center, Moderate Means Program which matches domestic violence victims with attorneys who have agreed to work for significantly reduced rates.
- Past Member of Attorney for the Child Panel representing children in Family Court and Supreme Court matters.
- Justice Brandeis Law Society, previous member of the executive committee
- Member of the Surprise Lake Camp Board of Directors
Education and Training
- Pace University Law School (Now Elizabeth Haub School of Law at Pace University)
Juris Doctor, magna cum laude
- Manhattanville College
Master of Arts in Teaching
- New York University
Bachelor of Arts in Sociology
- Mediation Training, Harvard Law School, 1993
- Mediation Training, Center for Mediation in the Law, 2009
- Basic and Intermediary Training in Collaborative Law
- Board Member, The Lofts at Long Branch Condominiums in Long Branch, New Jersey
Linda finds people endlessly interesting. She loves working with both functional and dysfunctional families.
In her “other life,” she was at Woodstock in 1969. She also built, owned, and operated a KOA Kampground in Gardiner, Maine before she became a lawyer.
Although her legal and community activities keep her extremely busy, Linda makes time for the loves of her life, her children and her six grandchildren.