Sherry A. Bishko
Attorney Sherry Bishko joined Rosenthal & Markowitz, LLP as an associate in 2006 and became a partner in January 2016. She is involved in all practice areas.
Law is a second career for Sherry who earned a Master of Arts degree in Environmental Policy immediately following obtaining her undergraduate degree. She spent a few years working in that field until deciding to go to law school. She has a sustained interest in community involvement and a desire to help people.
Areas of Practice
- Matrimonial and Family Law
- Prenuptial and Postnuptial Agreements
- Collaborative Divorce
- Estate Planning
- Wills and Trusts
- Estate Settlement
- Real Estate
- New York State Bar Association
- Westminster Women’s Bar Association, Co-Chairperson of Membership
- Orange County Women’s Bar Association
- The Elizabeth Haub School of Law at Pace University
Juris Doctor, cum laude in 2003
Certificate in Environmental Law
- Tufts University
Master of Arts in Environmental Policy in 1992
- Colgate University
Bachelor’s Degree in 1990
Non-Legal Experience Prior to Attending Law School
- Employed at the United States Environmental Protection Agency, New York Regional Office working in the Office of Policy and Management. In charge of President Clinton’s Project XL initiative, a program in which Corporations and Government Agencies are given regulatory flexibility in exchange for achieving “bottom-line” environmental results. She gained a working knowledge of federal environmental statutes and regulations which prompted her interest in law school.
- Corporate Law practice in Rye, New York prior to joining Rosenthal & Markowitz
Community Activities and Affiliations
- Founded a citizen’s action group in her hometown of Sleepy Hollow, NY to monitor the re-development of the General Motor’s site located on the Hudson River.
- Board Member, Village of Tuxedo Park Planning Board
- Co-Chair Membership, Westchester Women’s Bar Association
- Founded and Launched Westchester Women’s Bar Association, Mentorship Program which pairs law students and new lawyers with seasoned lawyers throughout Westchester County.
- Member, Dinner Committee, Pace Women’s Justice Center
- Co-Chair, Cocktails for a Cause, Pace Women’s Justice Center
Sherry resides in the Village of Tuxedo Park, New York in Orange County, and is a member of the Village’s Planning Board. Her family has resided in the Village since the late 1800s. She is passionate about the history, the residents, and the natural beauty of Tuxedo Park.